16 Japanese-Style Hand Roll
16 JAPANESE-STYLE HAND ROLL
- 2-3 sheets of seaweed, for sushi use
- 8-9 stalks of asparagus, blanched in hot water
- 1 Japanese cucumber, cut into strips
- 1/2 of a carrot, cut into this strips
- 1 avocado, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, and minced
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- A spoonful of Japanese mayonnaise, or yogurt (optional)
- A dash of Japanese sweet vinegar
|Add egg to mayonnaise and mix well.
|When cooked rice has cooled, add a little bit of Japanese sweet vinegar and mix well. Set aside.
|Use scissors to cut the seaweed sheets in half.
|Choose some of your preferred ingredients (rice is optional). Place them along one side of the seaweed sheet, leaving a small space (~1/2 an inch) between the ingredients and the edge. If adding the mayonnaise or yogurt, place in a plastic bag, cut off one corner of the bag and squeeze over the other ingredients OR use a spoon to spread a small amount on top. Then take one corner of the sheet that has the ingredients near it and roll it toward the middle of the opposite edge, forming a cone shape. Serve immediately, otherwise the roll will become soggy.